This firmware update is only intended for Fly6 CE.
Home Safe mode
Home Safe mode has become smarter, monitoring voltage generated while you are recording and activating when the battery has depleted to between 6% and 12%, depending on your device settings. When Home Safe mode is activated, you will hear three long beeps, the video will switch off and the light will dim, and the device will then beep every 60 seconds. This will ensure you can squeeze as much time out of the battery as possible.
Capture still images
Your Fly6 CE can now take a still image while recording video. You can do this by pressing the Q and power button together, indicated by a ‘snapshot’ sound. This image will be saved as a JPG and is able to be accessed with the rest of your footage.
Multiple ANT+ improvements to ensure your Fly6 CE and Garmin device work smoothly together. Please note, unfortunately at this stage you cannot use both Fly6 and Fly12 CE together with ANT+ (we’re working on it!).
Additional update notes (V1.1.26.072):
- Idle mode is activated 15 minutes after the device senses no movement regardless of position in the video segment (previously would wait until end of current segment).
- Solved the problem some users experienced with corrupted locked files when recording.
- Adjustment to IQ algorithm (image quality) resulting in clearer footage in dark environments.
Follow this link to view update notes for previous Fly6 CE updates.
How to update your firmware
NOTE: this firmware update is different to previous updates so please read these instructions carefully.
First, please check if you have the latest firmware by checking the code on your CycliqPlus desktop app (scroll to the bottom of the app for versions). If the DSP firmware version reads V1.1.26.072 and the BLE reads V1.10, then you have the latest firmware.
IF YOU HAVE V1.1.26.026 please go directly to step 1 below to update your firmware to V1.1.26.072.
IF YOU HAVE A VERSION OF FIRMWARE OLDER THAN THIS (V220.127.116.116) Please follow the instructions below to update your firmware to V1.1.26.072. Once confirmed you have the latest firmware, discharge your device and let the battery run completely flat (0%). Then recharge your battery to 100%. Now you have the current firmware.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: There are two files included in this update, and each one will need to be installed separately – do not copy both files over at the same time.
Before you begin, please note:
- Your Fly6 CE will not perform the update unless it is at least 50% charged
- For best results, be sure to format your SD card via the app prior to copying the firmware files.
- Delete all previously downloaded firmware files and empty your bin.
- We recommend using Chrome or Safari as your internet browser.
- These firmware updates are not compatible with any other Cycliq devices (Fly12 CE, Fly6, Fly6[v] or Fly12).
- DO NOT complete a Master Reset OR remove the microSD card when the unit is in the process of completing a firmware update – this may damage your Fly CE device.
Step 1 – Download and transfer the first firmware file
Plug your Fly6 CE into your computer using the supplied USB-C cable. Your computer should recognise that the device has been plugged in when you open Finder (for Mac) or File Explorer (for Windows).
Download the first firmware file by clicking fly6.dfu.
Once the file has downloaded, open your downloads file in Finder/File Explorer and drag the file fly6.dfu from your downloads to the Fly6 device folder (SD card main folder).
Unplug your Fly6 CE and turn it on - you’ll notice the flashing ‘Q’ LED in the Cycliq logo and one of the camera’s LEDs in the rotating bezel, will be on:
Wait roughly one minute until both lights turn off and the device beeps once. This means the first part of the firmware is complete.
Step 2 – Download and transfer the second firmware file
Plug you Fly6 CE into your computer once again and download the second firmware file by clicking fly6.brn.
Once the file has downloaded, find the file fly6.brn in your downloads folder and drag it to the Fly6 device folder (SD card main folder).
Disconnect the Fly6 CE, and turn it on. This time, only the flashing ‘Q’ LED will be on.
Wait roughly one minute until the flashing LED stops and the device beeps once. This indicates that the second file has been installed correctly.
You can confirm that the firmware update has been successful by connecting your Fly6 CE via the CycliqPlus desktop app or CycliqPlus mobile app.
If it has not been successful, please repeat the above steps again.