This firmware update is only intended for Fly6 CE.
- Previously, ANT+ was unreliable with the Fly6 CE when connecting and disconnecting. This has now been resolved. The CycliqPlus Garmin Connect IQ app is now compatible with the Garmin Edge 820, Edge Explore 820 and Edge 1030.
- Fixed a false trigger of Incident Protection mode – the unit now operates normally and only triggers Incident Protection when the normal conditions have been met.
- Improved battery level indicator when connecting via Bluetooth – there were reports of battery level readouts being displaying incorrectly in some instances, and this has been remedied.
There are a number of other small updates which are detailed at the bottom of this post.
How to update your Firmware
First, please check if you have the latest firmware by checking the code on your CycliqPlus desktop app (scroll to the bottom of the app for versions). If the DSP firmware version reads V220.127.116.116, then you have the latest firmware. If not, please follow the steps below to update your firmware to V18.104.22.1686.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: There are two files included in this update, and each one will need to be installed separately – do not copy both files over at the same time.
Before you begin, please note:
- Make sure your unit is at least 50% charged before performing the firmware update.
- For best results, be sure to format your SD card via the app prior to copying the firmware files.
- These firmware updates are not compatible with any other Cycliq devices (Fly12 CE, Fly6, Fly6[v] or Fly12).
- DO NOT complete a Master Reset OR remove the microSD card when the unit is in the process of completing a firmware update – this may damage your Fly CE device.
Step 1 – Download and transfer the first Firmware file (DFU)
Start by downloading the first file: fly6.dfu (We recommend using Chrome or Safari)
Then, plug in the Fly6 CE to your computer, and open the ‘FLY6’ SD card. Drag the fly6.dfu file over to your Fly6 CE, then unplug your Fly6 CE.
Turn your Fly6 CE on, and you’ll notice the flashing ‘Q’ LED in the Cycliq logo and one of the camera’s LEDs in the rotating bezel, will be on.
Wait roughly one minute until both lights turn off. This means the first part of the firmware is complete.
Step 2 – Download and transfer the second Firmware file (BRN)
Next, download the second file: fly6.brn (We recommend using Chrome or Safari)
Then plug your Fly6 CE back into your computer and copy over the fly6.brn file to the FLY6 SD card.
Disconnect the Fly6 CE, and turn it on. This time, only the flashing ‘Q’ LED will be on.
Wait roughly one minute until the flashing LED stops, and the installation is complete. You can then connect to your Fly6 CE via the CycliqPlus desktop app to double-check whether the firmware has been updated.
Additional update notes (V22.214.171.1246):
- The Fly6 CE’s name now uses the last 4 digits of its serial number to make it easier to locate via Bluetooth.
- Changed the Fly6 CE’s reaction to an incorrectly formatted microSD card. Now, after fix, if card is in inappropriate format, the “error” warning flashes, with all bezel LED’s together, and “no SD” audible warning sounds.
- The Fly6 CE’s charging LED will no longer bounce between green and red when fully charged.
- You are now able to stop recording via Bluetooth after Incident Protection mode has been enabled.
- Fixed a particular light pattern issue whereby if light mode is off-enabled and left with either solid mid or solid low and all flash disabled, pulse mode would be ignored.
- Fixed the LED pattern change when the Fly6 CE is asleep for three minutes, some light modes are forgotten.
- Fixed recording so that there cannot be recordings of 0 seconds – all files must be at least 2 seconds long.
- Fixed timing issues for manually turning the alarm off – it is now more accurate to the intended 8 seconds.
- Fixed unintentional Airplane mode sound when trying to manually turn the alarm off – holding the button for 2 seconds would usually sound Airplane mode, which can be confusing.
- Fixed LED pattern changes once the alarm mode has stopped – there used to be a flash sequence change after the alarm is triggered and stopped, but this no longer happens.
- Fixed watermark feature with Electronic Image Stabilisation – there wasn’t any watermark or timestamp when this feature was turned on, but this has been fixed.
- Fixed issue with the light mode switching after Airplane mode being switched on.