To turn on your Fly device, press and hold the power button for approximately 2 seconds.
If for any reason your Fly12 CE will not turn on, please try the following:
- Ensure your Fly12 CE is fully charged (LED will illuminate green)
- Perform a master reset, then try turning your Fly12 CE on.
- Remove your SD card, then try turning your Fly12 CE on.
If the SD card is corrupted, the device may not turn on. By removing the SD card, the device should turn on and beep to indicate that the SD card has been removed.
How to perform a master reset Open your Fly12 CE USB/SD card cover. With the use of a fine object (eg paper clip or eject pin for smartphone SIM tray), press the reset button as illustrated below. You will know that this is done correctly as you will feel the reset button being depressed.
Warning: DO NOT complete a master reset when the unit is in the process of completing a firmware update as this may damage your Fly12 CE.
If you're still unable to turn your device on, please submit a ticket with our support team here.
There are a few reasons why your device may turn itself off:
- If Idle mode is enabled, the device will turn off after 15 minutes of being stationary
- If Incident Protection mode is enabled and triggered, the device will turn off 30 minutes after being tilted more than 60 degrees. When Incident Protection mode is triggered, the device will sound 3 beeps in quick succession.
To check whether idle and incident protection mode are enabled, or to disable them, connect your device to the CycliqPlus mobile app or desktop app.
How to perform a bench test
Once fully charged, place the unit on top of a flat surface and turn it on. We recommend turning off the LED lights so you can check how long the battery lasts in default mode. Note the time you switch the unit on and the time the unit switches off to determine the battery life.
- Format your SD card.
- Disable Idle Mode via the CycliqPlus mobile app.
- Give your unit a full charge using a wall charger.
If neither of these modes are causing the device to switch off unexpectedly, please check that the device is fully charged before performing a bench test.
If you’re not getting the expected battery life, ensure the firmware is up to date. To update your firmware, follow instructions here.
If your Fly12 CE is still turning off unexpectedly, please submit a ticket with our support team here.
To turn your Fly device off, press and hold the power button for approximately 2 seconds. If for any reason your Fly12 CE does not turn off, please try a master reset using the instructions here.
If your Fly12 CE still does not turn off, please submit a ticket with our support team here.