Fly12 CE Firmware Update
This Fly12 CE firmware update is a non-compulsory change which allows iOS users to view their videos by inserting their microSD card into an SD card reader.
Please check if you have the latest firmware by checking the code on your CycliqPlus desktop app for PC/Mac (Scroll to the bottom of the app for versions). If the DSP firmware version reads V1.0.36.000, then you have the latest firmware. If not, please follow the steps below on how to update your DSP firmware to V1.0.36.000.
Before you begin, please note:
● It is important that your Fly12 CE unit is at least 50% charged before performing a firmware update.
● For best results, be sure to format your SD card via the app prior to copying the firmware files.
● These firmware updates are not compatible with any other Cycliq devices (Fly6 CE, Fly6[v], Fly6 or Fly12).
● DO NOT complete a Master Reset OR remove the microSD card when the unit is in the process of completing a firmware update – this will cause damage your Fly CE device.
Download the FLY12_DSP_V1.0.36.000_20180116.bin file. (We recommend using Chrome or Safari)
Once downloaded, plug in your Fly12 CE bike camera to your computer and turn the Fly12 CE on – this will let your computer access the device. Open the folder named ‘FLY12’ and copy the FLY12_DSP_V1.0.36.000_20180116.bin file over to ‘FLY12’. If you are a Windows user, unplug the charger cable from your Fly12 CE – this will power down the Fly12 CE. For Mac users, be sure to properly ‘eject’ the Fly12 by pressing the eject button in your Finder window next to the name of the microSD card.
Turn your Fly12 CE back on, and you’ll notice the flashing LED on the side of the device.
Wait roughly 30 seconds until the light turns off. This means the firmware update is complete. You can connect to your Fly12 CE via the CycliqPlus mobile app to double-check whether the firmware has been updated.
Update notes (V1.0.36.000):
● iOS users will now be able to view their videos on their phones via an SD card reader – see our Connectivity blog post for more information