Please follow all the steps to ensure your camera doesn't separate from your bike during use.
Step 1: Installing the safety tether
- The hole to insert the tether is on the bottom edge of the back panel on the Fly12 CE (far left, central in the image below):
- Insert the tether into the hole near the speaker (use a pin to pull it out of the small hole)
- Pull the tether in through itself to create a loop and tighten.
Step 2: Mounting the camera to your bike
The handlebar mount included with the Fly12 CE is designed to fit 31.8mm handlebars.
For tapered handlebars, use the tapered rubber handlebar adapter
For smaller sized handlebars, use the 22.2mm rubber handlebar adapter
To install the handlebar mount
- Attach appropriate rubber adapters as needed onto the handlebar mount
- With the mount facing up, unscrew and clamp it to your handlebars and screw
- Twist to adjust the mount to the desired position – you can either mount the Fly12 CE above or below the handlebars
- Tighten the screw but leave a 2 mm gap
Note: Do not over tighten as this will weaken the mount.
If you have positioned your mount:
- Above handlebar – insert the Fly12 CE at the 10 o’clock position and turn clockwise to lock in.
- Below handlebar – insert the Fly12 CE at the 2 o’clock position and turn counter-clockwise to lock in.
Ready for your first ride? Check out Start Up and First Ride.