This firmware update is only intended for Fly6 CE.
How to update your firmware
NOTE: This manual firmware update is intended for those who cannot install the auto-updater. Please use the Auto-updater to update your firmware before attempting it manually.
First, please check if you have the latest firmware by using the CycliqPlus desktop or mobile app. If the DSP firmware version reads V1.1.26.084, then you have the latest firmware. If not, please follow the steps below to update your firmware to V1.1.26.084 .
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: There are two files included in this update, and each one will need to be installed separately – do not copy both files to your device at the same time.
Before you begin, please note:
- For this update to be fully enacted you will need to complete one full charge cycle. This means you need to fully charge, fully discharge and fully charge the Fly6 for the firmware update to take full effect.
- Make sure your unit is fully charged before performing the firmware update.
- For best results, be sure to format your SD card via the app prior to performing the firmware update.
- Delete all previous firmware files on your hard drive before downloading the latest firmware version.
- We highly recommend using Chrome or Safari as your internet browser.
- This firmware update is only compatible with the FLY6CE range and is not compatible with any other Cycliq devices (Fly12 CE, Fly6, Fly6[v] or Fly12).
- DO NOT complete a Master Reset OR remove the microSD card when the unit is in the process of completing a firmware update – this may damage your Fly CE device.
Step 1 – Download and transfer the first firmware file (DFU file)
Plug your Fly6 CE into your computer using the supplied USB-C cable. Your computer should recognise that the device has been plugged in when you open Finder (for Mac) or File Explorer (for Windows).
Download the first firmware file by clicking fly6.dfu.
Once the file has downloaded, open your downloads file in Finder/File Explorer and drag the file fly6.dfu from your downloads to the Fly6 device folder.
Unplug your Fly6 CE and turn it on - you’ll notice the flashing ‘Q’ LED in the Cycliq logo and one of the camera’s LEDs in the rotating bezel, will be on:
Wait roughly one minute until both lights turn off and the device beeps once. This means the first part of the firmware is complete.
Step 2 – Download and transfer the second firmware file (BRN file)
Plug your Fly6 CE into your computer once again and download the second firmware file by clicking fly6.brn.
Once the file has downloaded, find the file fly6.brn in your downloads folder and drag it to the Fly6 device folder.
Disconnect the Fly6 CE, and turn it on. This time, only the flashing ‘Q’ LED will be on.
Wait roughly one minute until the flashing LED stops and the device beeps once. This indicates that the second file has been installed correctly.
You can confirm that the firmware update has been successful by connecting your Fly6 CE via the CycliqPlus desktop app or CycliqPlus mobile app.